$150 for 55 minute session
$240 for 90 minute session.
$290 for 120 minute session.
$160 per hour for assessments, testing, or report writing, plus any applicable test scoring fees.
$300 per hour for legal matters, such as depositions, court (two hour minimum)
Fees are payable in full at the time of the session by check, credit or debit card (American
Express, Discover, Mastercard, or Visa). To ensure your full session time, I ask that you
pay at the start of each session. I need 24 hours notice if you have to miss your appointment
or you will be charged for the appointment.
In-Network: If you have health insurance that covers mental health benefits, you may be able
to use this to pay for our work together. The insurance I currently accept includes most plans
from the following companies, excluding Medi-Cal plans:
- AMHN (American Mental Health Network)
- Beacon Health Options/Beacon Health Strategies
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (out-of-state Blue Card only; need ID to check if in- or out-of-network)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Federal Employee Program (FEP)
- Blue Shield of California
- GEHA (Government Employees Health Association)
- Health Net (when MHN manages mental health benefits)
- HMC Healthworks
- Magellan Behavioral Health (NOT EAP)
- MHN (Managed Health Network, a Health Net company)
- Optum (United Behavioral Health/UnitedHealthcare)
- Oxford (UnitedHealthcare)
- PHCS (Private Healthcare Systems)
- UnitedHealthcare/United Behavioral Health
- ValueOptions (now Beacon Health Options)
- Worker's Compensation (most plans)
If I am an "in-network" provider within the specific plan you have with your insurance company,
I will submit appropriate paperwork for reimbursement for your sessions. You are only
responsible for co-payments, coinsurance and deductibles. Before attending your first session,
contact your insurance company to understand your benefits. You can typically find the phone
number on your insurance card. Use this checklist* during your call. I reserve the right to
suggest a private pay agreement instead of insurance reimbursement if your insurance
company’s terms require excessive amounts of my time for obtaining pre-certifications or filling
out paperwork. For more information about using insurance for mental health care, use this
Out-of-Network: If I am not on your insurance panel, you may get reimbursed for a portion
of your fees if your plan allows you to see "out-of-network" psychologists. To find out whether
and how much you will be reimbursed, simply contact your insurance company before you
attend your first session. Use this checklist* during your call. If requested, I'll provide you with a
monthly statement of sessions and payments that you may use for insurance or tax purposes.
*This website contains PDF documents
that require the Adobe Reader to view.
To download click on the icon below.
Ph: 760.354.9140 ■ 3150 El Camino Real, Suite C, Carlsbad, California 92008 ■ Contact Dr. Dan